19th to 23rd February 2020
DANCE, MUSIC, POETRY, CRAFTS, SINGING, EXHIBITIONS, STORY TELLING, TALKS, FILM, OPEN STUDIOS, WORKSHOPS, an ARTISAN MARKET, a BAKE OFF and much more, with most of it FREE.
Set in the Shropshire Hills town of Bishop’s Castle, the festival will see venues of all shapes and sizes, from galleries to pubs, churches to libraries, hotels to shops, all opening their doors to put on this unique festival.
We are running two competitions ( there may be 3, watch this space) in conjunction with the Arts Festival
– Theme “Bishop’s Castle & its Events”
upload your images (up to 5) on the competition’s post on the Arts Festival’s Facebook Page by 7th February (Extended deadline) The top 20 will be printed off and displayed at the POP-UP GALLERY at Bernard’s home – 2 Church St – The blue one!
Time – between 11am to 4pm, Friday 21st, Saturday 22nd & Sunday 23rd February
– Theme: A feature or an aspect of life in or around Bishops Castle
– Format: Any form: verses, rhyming or free verse. Only one side of A4, printed or hand-written.
– Open to anyone, with a separate class for -16s
– Cash prizes for best 3 adult poems and two prizes for children under 16 (amount depending on number of entries)
– Judges: Pat Townsend and Rosa James
– Cost: £3 per poem for adults, £1 for -16s. You can submit more than one poem.
– Entries to be posted or handed in to Poetry Pharmacy, 36, High St, Bishops Castle, SY9 5BG by 1st February, with name, phone no, e-mail, age if under 16 and title of poem on a separate sheet, so the poem appears anonymous.
– If the poem has been published please include on form in which publication it appears
– Cash to be included with entry, or cheques made payable to Bishops Castle Arts Festival. (To pay by BACS, please ring for details.)
– Winners will be informed by 17th February. Best poems to be displayed in Poetry Pharmacy during the Arts festival (Feb 19th – 23rd)
– Poems will be kept in Poetry Pharmacy with the intention of offering them for view in a file, unless you request otherwise
– Closing date: Saturday February 1st 5pm
Forms available from Poetry Pharmacy and Bishops Castle Library
Any enquiries to Rosa James 01588 630648